Sunday, March 27, 2011

God and Playing Sports

Playing Sports With God
Playing Sports With God
By: Pastor Pat Aman

John 13: 14

And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

John 15:7
If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.

Matthew 10: 28 31

Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. Are not two sparrows sold for a penny ? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.


When I lay in bed after several surgeries, I had a chance for God to speak to me, and for me to listen. One of the things that God spoke to me about was on prayer. The way He did it was funny. Why? He used sports to do it.

Maybe it was because my daughter was Volleyball Coach and Assistant Basketball Coach during this time, and I had been to several games. Even the State Play-offs where their team had won. So, sports was really on my mine, in this season of time of my life.

God though the Holy Spirit told me that He would like for us to stop playing basketball with Him. He said a lot of people will give him the ball (problem) and just as He is about to score a three pointer for us, we foul Him out. We try to take the ball (problem) back, when we think the time is running down on the scoreboard clock.

Why? We are thinking He is taking to long are maybe He is not doing it as we would want Him too. Then because we fouled Him, the ball (problem) went out of bounds. As He runs to get the ball (problem) back, it is to late so He has to go to the free throw line. He can not handle it the way He was going to, because we either added to the situation are caused more trouble for ourselves. Then just as He is about to throw the ball (problem) from the free throw line, we get in front of Him and are trying to rebound the ball (problem) into our hands. Why? Because again, we are not letting Him handle the situation for us. Then we are questioning God.

Then He told me that when we give him the ball (problem), that we need to just leave it in His hands to handle , because He promises to score a three pointer for us.

He said remember I do not play volleyball with you either. When you give me the ball (problem) I am not going to volley it back to you. I am going to do what is best for you, because I am your Father and a Father is not going to let his children be hurt, depressed, lonely and sad. He is going to take care of all of our wants and needs.

He told me just to do as a baseball player does. When Satan throws a ball (problem) at you. Just pick up the bat and hit the ball (problem) to God. In other words hit a homerun and then run around the bases praising God for the answer while the angels in heaven are cheering you on.

Now I told you this was different, but my God has a sense of humor and sometimes He use the strange things of this world.

Hope that you have enjoyed this as much as I did.
Love Pastor Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment